What is innovation? A new method. A new idea. A new product. Better solutions. Innovation is the ability to generate something original and unprecedented. “Novel. Action of…” It’s eventually relevant and useful too.
- Incremental (most common): Uses existing technology, increases value.
- Disruptive (stealth): Apply new technology to improve the inferiority of existing products/services. Harder to use and expensive.
- Architelectual (low risk): Apply overall technology, applying to a different market.
- Radical (well known): Gives birth to new industries by creating revolutionary technology.
Skills to make innovations seem unsurmountable. These characteristics can stick out in the middle years. You have wonder; How does ADHD help?
Understanding who you are makes self-knowledge easier. Take a thoughtful look within. It’s important to know who you are. Seek a friend who knows you well. Dare to approach new things and situations without fear.
Creativity in people with ADHD manifests in effective ways. They have the ability to think of many ideas from a single point.
Conceptual expansion and divergent thinking allows brainstorming and innovative thought processes. It also leads to overcoming knowledge constraints.
- Learn through collaboration.
- Unplug (just do nothing).
- Pick a terrible idea.
- Find insipiration from other inspirations.
- Seek advice from someone they respect.
ADHD is a neurological disorder. Behaviors that manifest include distractability and impulsivity. They never stop, a sign of hyperactiviy.
Characteristics may be disruptive in the classroom or work. The chaos may give them original thinking. Especially when the goal is to create or invent something new.
Question: How much chaos do you allow in effort to improve creativity development