50 – 60% of people with ADHD also have a learning disability (LD). 8 – 17% have Dyslexia. These challenges further aggrevate the learning for students with ADHD.
- Encourage that it is not a sign of laziness.
- Affects the way they processes written and spoken language.
- Reinforces that understanding complex ideas is unaffected.
- Increase low self-esteem by encouraging creativity.
- Not impacted by poor vision.
“Our kids” are often labeled as being dumb. Remind them that Dyslexia does not affect general intelligence.