One of the most serious challenges faced by teens and young adults is regarding educational outcomes.
- Experience significantly higher retention rate (42%).
- More are suspended (60%).
- Highest drop-out rate (32%).
- Fewer enter college (22%).
- Lower GPA (1.7).
- Lower graduation rate (5%).
These intervention strategies remediate situations.
- Find a “good fit” for teachers/professors.
- Focus on the ability and use of specific, individual accommodations.
- Reiterate that there is a shared responsibility for learning.
- Integrate apps to increase understanding and independence.
- Adjust schedule to exploit energy levels.
- Use a variety of behavior management techniques (both student and teacher/professor).